Fifty years ago, the Gamble Family (Proctor & Gamble) donated the home designed by architects Charles and Henry Greene and built for David and Mary Gamble (1908) to the City of Pasadena and the University of Southern California. On Sunday, September 25, a prior week of Gamble House events will culminate with a public celebration honoring the gift agreement. (Details: www.gamblehouse.org).
The Gamble House is a remarkable example of Arts & Crafts era residential architecture and was made a National Historic Landmark in 1978.
Charles Sumner Greene (1868–1957) and Henry Mather Greene (1870–1954) designed houses and furnishings between 1906 and 1914, mostly in and around Pasadena. Only the Gamble House survives intact as an example of the Greene’s genius.
The Gamble House is open year around for public visitation. www.gamblehouse.org.