Padres and Ballast Point Brewing Team Up
to Sponsor Craft Beer Brew Off
GUEST BLOG—By Westcoastersd.com--Ballast Point Brewing and Spirits is once again partnering with the San Diego Padres for the 2nd annual Padres Home Brew Contest. The winning brewer will have the opportunity to throw the first pitch at an upcoming Padres game as well as have their winning brew produced and sold by Ballast Point.
Contest entries can be officially submitted at Ballast Point’s Home Brew Mart (Linda Vista) location starting on Tuesday, July 30th and ending on Saturday, August 3rd. The contest is free to enter and open to any home brewer aged 21 and up. For the beginner and novice brewer, supplies and advice can be found at Home Brew Mart. Through the contest, Ballast Point is looking to further educate the community on the art of home brewing.
“We are looking to make the contest an even bigger success than it was last year,” said Ballast Point’s specialty brewer, Colby Chandler, “Baseball fans are craft beer fans, and we are happy to partner with the Padres on this contest to introduce fans to the art of home brewing.”
This year’s winner will get to throw the ceremonial first pitch at the Padres vs. Pittsburgh Pirates game on Monday, August 19th. The winner will also have their winning brew produced by Ballast Point to be sold at Ballast Point locations.
Last year’s winning home brewer, Erik Parker, won with his strong Pale Ale, “Time to Panic,” and enjoyed the opportunity to help produce his beer on a larger scale at Ballast Point.
“For nothing more than a local home brewer who loves the hobby, this was a killer experience and I’m stoked to have Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits and the San Diego Padres supporting the home brew community,” said Parker on his blog, Vintage63Brewing.
Entry guidelines for the 2013 Home Brew Contest:
- Beers must have an ABV of 7% or less
- Beers may not contain brettanomyces or wild yeast
- No sours will be accepted
- No barrel aged beers will be accepted
- Each entry must consist of 3 bottles, only 12 oz or 22oz bottles will be accepted
- Entrants must fully complete and submit the entry sheet at the drop-off location to be eligible
- Drop-off location: Home Brew Mart, 5401 Linda Vista Road, Suite #406, San Diego, CA
- Limit one entry per person
- Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits reserves the right to brew the winning beer again
For complete official rules, visit padres.com/homebrew.
To read San Diego’s finest craft beer magazine click: www.westcoastersd.com
Post a Comment